What do we do in math class?
A Day in Math
Our math class may take on a different look every day. At the core, students will learn a new concept and then be given the opportunity to practice or extend their understanding of that concept. Students may work independently, with partners, or in small groups. Instructional tools vary among websites, hand-outs, choice boards, flip charts, or textbooks, to name a few.
Challenging the Mathematical Mind
Our classroom provides many opportunities for students to be challenged beyond the daily curriculum in the forms of centers and small group/partner activities:
- BlendSpace Next Extension Lessons
- Graph-iti : Plotting coordinates from a four-quadrant grid to create a design
- Double Tiles with a Partner: Solving mathematical puzzles with a partner using number tiles.
- Logic Tiles: Solving mathematical logic puzzles using number tiles
- VersaTiles: Self-checking critical thinking math activities
- f(x) Function Tiles: Solving algebraic functions using number tiles
- Order of Operations Tiles: Solving problems using order of operations
- Equations with Variables Tiles: Solving for a missing variable
- Math Perplexors